Sweet vs Savory
Are you trying to sweeten up your experience right now or are you trying to ground?
If you want to ground, work with root vegetables🥕 to fortify your grounding root chakra.
A root vegetable stew is perfect for this! Make it with the intention of nourishment of self - the nourishment and intention is what makes a spell powerful.
When cooking, stir the intention and energy into your stew.
If you want to bring in something sweet, you can leave candy and chocolates out as an offering, or make anything with cinnamon, as cinnamon is great for abundance. Abundance of everything- but especially finances and love. Honey is also a very magical, sweet tool to use. This energetically sweetens any ritual or offering!
We used our Spells Deck and pulled the Honey Spell card. This ritual is super simple: Make yourself a really honey infused tea.
Sit for 5 minutes and think about all the sweetness you have in your life. You can find teas and scrumptious adaptogen drinks here to infuse with all of the honey goodness.
As Almond Milkmaiden, inspired by the classic milkmaid, she curates seasonal monthly menus of homemade baked goods that are made with love and always organic ingredients. She also partners with and donates 25% of sales on a bimonthly basis to rotating nonprofits and organizations.
This warming and earthy Apple Cider Donut Bundt Cake is made with reduced apple cider, applesauce, and apple butter, for peak apple flavor. It's coated in cinnamon sugar for a craggy texture that you'll be licking off your fingers after the last crumb is gone.
What makes this recipe perfect for any kitchen-witch is the magical significance of the apple. Apples not only represent harvest and wisdom but when halved, the core displays a 5 pointed star, aka a pentagram! The pentagram (made up of the apple seeds in this case) represents the 5 elements: Earth, Water, Air, Fire, Spirit. After baking this dish with intention, again, that is what makes this recipe an alchemical experience and spell, utilize the apple seeds for other magical rituals. Place one seed in each corner or your room or multiple on your altar for protective pentagram energy. Apples are always lovely to incorporate into any practice as they honor the elements which brings a fortitude to any spell regardless of theme.
Apple Cider Donut Bundt Cake
2 cups all purpose flour
1 1/2 cups oat flour
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 cups apple cider
3/4 cup applesauce
1/4 cup apple butter
3/4 cup neutral oil, I use grapeseed
3 large eggs room temperature
2 tsp vanilla paste or extract
4 Tbsp unsalted butter melted
1/4 cup apple cider
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/8 tsp nutmeg
Set oven to 350F
- Generously butter and flour a bundt pan, making sure to get into all the nooks and crannies. Don't skip this step!
- Bring cider to a boil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Reduce heat and simmer until cider is reduced to 1 1/4 cups, 8–10 minutes. Reserve 1/4 cup for topping.
- Whisk the dry ingredients together in a large mixing bowl.
- Whisk the wet ingredients together in another medium bowl.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and whisk until just combined, don't over mix.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 45-50 minutes, until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out without wet batter clinging to it. Set the pan on a cooling rack for 15 minutes.
- Stir the sugar and cinnamon together for the topping. Invert the cake onto a plate. Stir the melted butter and reserved apple cider together, and brush onto the cake. Sprinkle generously all over with the sugar!